At Spectrum Specialist Support Limited, we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites, apps and any other services we provide (“our Services”).
Please read this entire policy carefully. When making a quote or information request, or using our websites, apps and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Spectrum Specialist Support Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered company number 09171303, whose registered office is located at 7-10 Adam Street, The Strand, London, United Kingdom, WC2N 6AA.
If you don’t understand any parts of the policy or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to privacy
We want Spectrum Specialist Support to not only stand for a great experience, but to set an example by adhering to the new standard in data protection regulations. We have adopted the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) to ensure that we fully comply with the principles of national and international data protection laws. We have established the following data protection principles as our guidelines:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency of data processing
Your personal data will be collected and processed in a legal, fair, and transparent manner.
- Purpose and storage limitation
The personal data we collect serves an explicit and a legitimate purpose and will not be stored by us for any longer than is necessary.
- Data minimisation
Any personal data that we use will be adequate, up to date, and only limited to what is necessary for us and our partners to provide any of the offered services.
The personal data we have on file will be the correct, complete, and updated (if necessary) information that you have personally provided us with. Suitable steps will be taken to ensure that inaccurate or incomplete data is either deleted, corrected, supplemented, or updated.
- Confidentiality and data security
Your personal data will be treated as confidential, and will be kept secure by taking all suitable organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access, illegal processing and distribution, as well as the accidental loss, modification, or destruction of your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, financial and credit card information, details of your household or business, and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings of you or your property and any persons or objects therewith which you provide to us or which the service provider takes or records before, during and/or after the provision of the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
– submit a booking enquiry through our website;
– make a booking/order through our websites, and during the service itself;
– complete contact or enquiry forms on, or otherwise provide information via our websites;
– subscribe to receive any newsletter we may offer from time to time;
– complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
– send feedback to us via our website;
– respond to our marketing communications;
– correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our websites; or
– report a problem with any of our Services.
Information that we may collect automatically each time you visit any of our websites, use any of our apps or account systems:
– basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google Account; technical information, including the type of device) you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc;
– statistical usage data about our users’ browsing actions, patterns, interactions and navigation through our apps and/or websites. Please note that this data does not identify any individual;
We may also use GPS technology or other location technology in connection with our apps to determine your current location. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your location preferences in the settings menu on your device. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, search information providers, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and debt collection agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Here is what type of information you can access:
Up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, email, phone, address, communications and personalised advertising preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); marketing communication settings; booking and enquiry history.
How we may use your information
We use the information that you give us:
– to administer any account you may have with us;
– to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
– to occasionally provide you with co-branded and joint offerings in the form of products or services;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
– to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
– to ensure that content on our websites and our apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
– to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email. We will send that information by SMS or email only if:
(i) you have consented to this; or
(ii) the information is about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you (and you have not opted out of receiving such marketing messages); or
(iii) after opting out (and/or unsubscribing) you continue to use our services; or
(iv) where we are permitted to do so by law without consent, for example, if you have provided us with a company email address. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Specifically, we will provide your data to the service provider who is allocated to provide services to you, for the purpose of providing those services. This information may include (i) your name, address and contact details; (ii) the details about your property and the services you require, together with any relevant photographs you may have provided; (iii) the non-binding quote we have provided to you; and (iv) your payment details.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
– to administer our websites and our apps and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our websites, apps and services, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device;
– to monitor and improve the security, quality and efficiency of our products and services;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features on the websites and apps, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our websites and apps safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you and to otherwise manage our relationship with our clients.
We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We will only use such information for the purposes set out above.